Plants

In our new science unit we will be learning all about plants. To get started we got into groups and brainstormed everything we already knew. Then we got together and put all of our ideas into a web. We made categories to help us keep everything organized. We sure know a lot already!

Do you have a favourite plant fact you can share with us?

2 thoughts on “Plants

1. You have used the mind map well to show your knowledge at the start of your project. This is a good thing to do, I am a bit naughty because I have often been in too much hurry and only end up wishing I had a mind map! You guys have made me think hard this morning. However I remembered the name of a little plant that grows on my pathway. The ivy-leaved toadflax! It plants it’s own seeds in cracks! It has little feelers that reach out and hunt around for places to grow and it slowly spreads along old stone pathways and on walls. Originally I think it came from Italy. Italy is a long way from North Yorkshire … I wonder how it got here?

Mr E
    Hawes

2. Dear Mr. E

I think that the ivy-leaved toadflax got brought over from somebody. How do you thingk they got brought over? I think they are pretty. Do you think they are pretty?

From Lily in Mrs.Watson`s 2/3 class