Beautiful British Columbia!

Our new friends in Australia posted a great video showing the beauty of Australia on their blog.  It made me think that we should do the same now that we have people visiting our blog from all over the world.

Canada is the second largest country in the world.  Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories. We live in British Columbia. Here is a short video about our province.  It is from Tourism BC and was used to help promote British Columbia and the 2010 Olympic Games.

7 thoughts on “Beautiful British Columbia!

1. Wow we sure do have a beautiful province!
    I go on the blog almost every day and every night.

Are you going to put up another video of the last day before spring break? because that would be really nice.
    It’s nice that you made a blog for everyone in the world to see.
    I am looking forward to St. Patrick’s Day are you?

2. Dear Charlize,
    I think our province is very beautiful too! I am so glad you were able to leave a comment this time.

I am going to put up another post before Spring Break. I hope that we will get some good pictures of our science experiments tomorrow.

I better make sure I find some green to wear for St. Patrick’s day!

See you tomorrow,
    Mrs. W

3. Dear Mrs Watson and the 1/2/3/s
    I really enjoyed watching your video called ”beautiful british columbia” it was cool. Thank you for your enormus comment on our blog, we could not belive our eyes!!!!!
    From Amelia in 2KJ

4. Dear Amelia,
    Thank you so much for leaving us a comment. I am so glad enjoyed the British Columbia video. I couldn’t believe how long our last comment was either…the kids sure had a lot to say! It is so much fun talking with your class through our blogs. 🙂

Mrs. W

5. Dear Mrs Watson and the 1/2/3s,

Thanks for your great comment! We really enjoyed reading about your school and your town. It is very interesting to compare it to ours! Your video of the British Columbia was great to watch, you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world!

To answer a couple of your questions, no one in our grade catches a bus to school, as everyone lives very close to the school. We either walk or come by car. We have a program at our school where we are encouraged to walk to school as much as possible. We also have a “walking school bus”, where groups of students walk to school together with an adult.

We have just started using Mathletics this week, everyone gets their own password and you can compete against other students from all over the world. Some of the students played it at home the other night and were competing against people from Canada! It is a great program to improve students’ maths skills.

The Australian wildlife is a very important part of life in Australia. Miss Jordan grew up in a town in the Grampians, which is famous for it’s mountains and fantastic wildlife. Her family still lives there (it’s about 3 hours away from Leopold) and when she goes to visit them, she sees about 50 kangaroos each morning outside her bedroom window!

The most famous Australian animals would probably have to be kangaroos and koalas. People often call the koala a “bear” but they are actually not bears! Other Australian animals include the echidna, emu, possum, wombat, dingo…and plenty more!

Here is a short video showing some Australian animals in the zoo…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDtrJYh_5o

We hope you all have a fantastic Spring break! It is Autumn here now, I think you might call it Fall? We have a long weekend here and then in three more weeks we have our Easter holidays!

We look forward to hearing about your Spring break! It has been great writing to you for the past few weeks! 🙂

From Miss Jordan and 2KJ