Claymation

Many of the 2/3’s are a part of the Tech Club that meets after school on Tuesdays. For the last two weeks we have been experimenting with stop motion animation using JellyCam. We have had a great time bring our clay figures to life using our web cam. JellyCam is very easy to use and when we get better lighting the results should be fantastic. We would love for you to take a peek at some of the short skits we have animated:

Have you ever tried stop motion animation before?

Do you have a Tech Club at your school? What sort of things do you do at Tech Club?

3 thoughts on “Claymation

1. Wonderful job with Jellycam! Our Grade 3 class is working on Lego Jellycam movies too. I will show them your great movie on Friday. We do not have a Tech Club at our school, but maybe next year!

2. Wow! This is seriously impressive. We have done stop motion in the past and not for a while. I will be looking into this again. The quality of this work is excellent. It flows, it’s humourous and it took hard work. My school is pretty much next to Wensleydale cheese factory. The very brilliant Nick Parks, Oscar winner and genius animator, creator of Wallace and Grommit; promoted Wensleydale Cheese in his brilliant films. Lot’s of my little children ‘know’, that Grommit lives in Hawes!
    Nick Park aged 9 would have been proud to make movies like this.
    Have you thought of scripting a film like this?
    I saw a terrfific version of Noah’s Arc that was just 20 seconds long by 7/8 year olds.
    Very, very well done indeed.

Thank you
    An inspired
    Mr E