Jasper Johns Inspired Names

For art this week we looked at the work of American Artist Jasper Johns. We found this lesson at For the Love of Art ,another great art blog that Mrs. Watson follows.

We folded our paper into 16 squares and then used the letters in our first names to make a pattern. We used oil pastels for the letters and then watered down tempera paint to make the background for each square.

Jasper Johns Inspired Names on PhotoPeach

6 thoughts on “Jasper Johns Inspired Names

1. I am inspired by the excitement you build around your art work. We have a two day ‘art bash’ in April and I hope to use some of your ideas.
    I’d like to see the lyrics of ‘over the rainbow’ illustrated by your team!
    This is the second best version of my favourite song…ever!
    Best version (personal choice)…John Martyn … great topic for musical appreciation!
    What would your children like to find at the end of their rainbows?

2. Another example of why Mrs. Watson and her 2/3 class is so much fun to follow! You have such wonderful ideas and your students are all amazing! This looks like it was such a fun project and it’s inspired me to try to bring more art projects into my classroom! Thanks!

Your “quad blogging buddy,”
    Mr. Avery

3. Dear class
    It looks like I have miss.,t out on a lot of things.But that was cool.That was a nice picer of Sophie :)I iss you all.Tell Mrs Watson My mom gave me the hug that you gave me.I will be back in two more days,I LOVE YOU ALL 🙂
    Your friend Jordan

• Dear Jordan,
      We really miss you too and we hope you are getting better quick. We can’t wait to see you in two days!

We have started working on the science fair and we can’t wait to help you get started.

See you soon,
      Your friends the 2/3’s and Mrs. W

p.s. Here are some big hugs from us
      OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. Dear Class
    I am better so I am fosing my mom to let me go th school tomorrow but I am working on it. I LOVe you All!

P.S I am going to school tomorrow
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Love Jordan

5. Dear Class
    What are you doing right now? My sister is at my grama’s with me.So what happened today? All I want to do is go to shool. Mrs Watson what math page do I have to do because I do not know because I can’t think right now? See you tomorrow. I love you all.

Love Jordan 🙂