Healthy Eating

Today we had a visit from a dietitian. Her name was Bronwen. She talked to us about the different food groups and why it is important to eat fruits and vegetables every day.

We learned that kids our age should try to eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day and that it is important to try eat different colours. She also taught us about the nutrients that are in different fruits and vegetables and what they do for our bodies. She even gave us each copies of Canada’s Food Guide to take home.

Koa-I learned that fruit is good for you.
Kezra-I learned that some fruits have Vitamin A and Vitamin D in them.
Jorja-I learned I should have three types of colours every day, green, orange, and red.
Brooklynn-I learned that I normally have more than 5 fruits and vegetables every day.
Jacob-I learned that Vitamin C is in oranges.
Sharon-I learned that you are supposed to have 5 fruits and vegetables every day.
Linden-We learned about fruit and vegetables.
Merissa-I learned that we have to have 5 vegetables and fruit a day.1
Solomon-We learned that you have to have 5 vegetables and fruits a day.

What are your favourite fruits and vegetables?

4 thoughts on “Healthy Eating

1. Dear Tosha,
    Thank you for leaving us another comment! We love getting comments from our parents.

We all like potatoes too! Our favourites are:
    Kezra-mashed
    Lily-french fried
    Taegan-sweet potatoes
    Jorja-baked
    Brooklynn-baked with cheese, butter, and bacon bits
    Solomon-baked with sour cream and bacon bits
    Rhys-mashed with ketchup
    Kaydan-mashed with ketchup
    Aydan-french fried
    Merissa-homemade french fries
    Mrs. W-mashed with gravy

I think you have made us all hungry! We need some potatoes!

Your friends,
    Mrs. W and the K/1/2/3s

2. Hello Mrs Watson’s K, 1, 2, 3 Class!

First of all I wanted to say that I love all of the new blogs that the students in your class are creating! They are really well done, and very cool. Keep up the good work! And I look forward to seeing more students from your class set up their first blogs ever! Do you know that I have never created a blog! So you are ahead of me in the technology world, and all of you are much, much younger than me!!

I also wanted to say that I am very glad to see that you had a special guest who taught everyone about healthy eating. Eating the correct foods is very important. But if I am to be honest, although I find it very easy to eat my 5 fruits each day (as I love almost every fruit there is…yummy organges, grapes & cherries), I do struggle sometimes to eat my 5 veggie’s a day (as not all veggies are my favorite. Like who likes brussel sprouts?!)

I also wanted to add, that although eating healthy foods is very important, it is also extrememly important to make sure you drink lots of water, exericise at least 30 mins a day, and make sure you get a good nights sleep, each and every night.

Chat with you all soon, Nicole.