Bubbles, Air Canons, and Rockets!

We love science, and so you can imagine how excited we were to go to the gym this morning for a special presentation. Glen put on a fantastic bubble show and then added in a few surprises at the end. One of our favourite things was that everyone got a chance to be put inside a bubble. Not only was the show a lot of fun, but we learned a lot of cool science too!

Have you ever made any of the bubbles you can see in the video?

Which bubble was your favourite?

10 thoughts on “Bubbles, Air Canons, and Rockets!

1. I liked the “the girl in the bubble..” Paul Simon, ‘Miracles and Wonder’!
    The audience noises were great. What we all want to know now is … what’s the recipe? I can see a bubble project coming on!
    What a lovely tingly experience. You are all providing so many exciting posts on your blog this term.

I wonder if you have had any snow yet?

Mr E
    Hawes

• Dear Mr. E,
      I happy you liked “the girl in the bubble”. I can’t remember the recipe, sorry but if it ever comes to my head I will send it to you. I can’t wait to look on your blog and see your post about your bubble project. We have only got a bit of snow but nothing more. I hope we will get snow for Christmas.

Best Wishes,
      Kennedy
      P.S I was the girl in the bubble 🙂

• Dear Mr. E,
      Thank you for leaving us a comment. The girl in the bubble was very coo, But after the show every one got to get put in a bubble. Here is the recipe for the bubble: 20 liters of water, 700 ml. dawn dish soap (Not antibacterial), 2 tbsp. glycerin.
      Thanks again,
      Sophie.

2. Dear Mrs. Watson and the 2/3’s,

We just love visiting your blog to see all of the amazing things that are happening at your school. There were immediate Ooo’s and Ahhh’s when we saw your blog changes. The flying santa and reindeer with the header change looks very festive. Your bubble video got a huge response! We loved when the little girl was in the gigantic bubble. About half of this class has also been inside of a bubble when they were playing outside or at summer camp. The air cannon was very cool too!

We have a few Christmas questions for you. When do you go on vacation for the holiday? Can any of the 2/3’s share what they would like for Christmas?

Stay warm!
    Your friends,
    The Techie Kids

• Dear Techie Kids,
      We’re glad that you liked our holiday decorating. We noticed that your blog is decorated too! The bubble man was fantastic and we actually all got a turn inside a bubble.

We start Christmas break on Saturday and we come back to school on January 3rd. When is your break?

Here are a few things the 2/3s are hoping for this year:
      Trista-a guitar
      Ana-good snow gloves
      Jacob-drum set
      Lily-fingerless gloves
      Gwen-teddy bear
      Karin-My dog back home
      Kennedy-piana
      Sophie-drum set
      Mia-Geronimo Stilton books
      Brooklynn-Sparkly pink dress with sequins
      Bradley-cars
      Mrs. Watson-SNOW 🙂

What are the Techie Kids hoping for?

Your friends,
      Mrs. W and the 2/3s

• Dear Mrs. Moore
      I thougth that the bubble show was pretty cool too.
      You know that girl in the bubble ,well she’s one of my best friends. Which part did you like best? I liked it when he shot out the rings of dust! One of them was so huge that it stayed in one spot and floated for eggzaktly 3 minutes and 1 second, can you believe that?

Your friend,
      Mia

3. Dear Ms. Watson and 2/3s,

I loved your video. When the little girl was in the bubble it made me say wow thats really cool! I also liked the air cannon when the man blew it my body flung back! I wish that one day i could go in a bubble! I have a few Christmas questions for you and the 2/3s. When do you go on Christmas break? Can some of the 2/3s tel me what they want for Christmas?

Stay warm

Your friend Jada

• Hi Jada,
      We have 3 more days of school until we have Christmas break. Is that when you start break as well?

In the comments above you can find the bubble recipe that Sophie typed. Maybe you can make some big bubbles at home. For the ones that the students went inside he just used a little kids pool, a stool to stand on, and a hula hoop.

We hope you have a great Christmas!

Mrs. W and the 2/3s

4. Dear Mrs Watson class

I loved the bubble show it was grate. Did all of you have fun. Because I did.

I hope you loved being inside of a bubble. I was sooo cool. I saw a show in the summer bye him. It was so good. I am going to tell you about one of them I saw in the summer.

He had three cups he put water in one of the cups he mixs then arownd and he trow one cup at us no water,he trow one more cup at us no water and he trow the last one at us no water. Do you know how it works? I will tell you it trned to jell.

Have a good day!!!

From Jordan