What’s Up at AJ?

The Tech Club students are very proud of their first attempt at making their own news show. They thought of the title, came up with interview ideas, cast the parts, wrote the scripts, shot the video, and edited the final product. We also learned a lot for when we start regular production in the fall:

• Shooting the footage while hanging off the monkey bars isn’t the best idea (even if we think we are holding the camera very still)
  • It is important to leave extra space at the beginning and end of each clip for editing
  • The camera person needs to make sure that each shot only has the people in it that should be (one of our dads made an appearance in the marbles interview)
  • Having a director for each interview is very helpful
  • Reporting the news is a lot of fun!

We hope you will enjoy our pilot episode where you can learn more about our basketball team, the Salmon Dream Team,  marbles, tetherball, and some of the games the primary students play at recess and lunch.

In the fall we will be shooting regular episodes and will be posting the videos on our own Tech Club blog…STAY TUNED!

7 thoughts on “What’s Up at AJ?

1. What a great job you guys did. You all have very good manners and you speak to each other clearly and respectfully. It looks like you do play many interesting games at recess and lunch. I even remember playing some of these games when I went to AJ many, many, many years ago with some of your moms and dads. I remember playing with hockey cards under the covered area. Do you ever play with hockey cards?

• Dear Mrs.Soltau-Heller,
      Thanks for leaving our class a wonderful comment. We don’t play hockey cards. But our class teacher Mrs.Watson had played hockey cards before.

Right now me and my best friend Silkence are playing (The Magic Unicorn game) until the end of June. Me and Silkence will play the game until the end of June. But our friend Ana might not play (The Magic Unicorn game) uintil the end of June. We started to play the game today until the end of June.
      After the unicorn game we are going to play (The Magic Giniepig game) , and then we are going to play Harry Potter.
      Talk to you soon:)

From Jenny in Mrs.W’s 2/3 class

• some boys did when i was in grade 2 and now i’m in grade 5 oh and one of those guys moved away and no one plays that any more

2. What a surprise post! I am hoping to do something like this, but it will not be for a while yet. I love the marbles, I have been collecting some myself. I might post a photo. I enjoyed the way you obviously liked filming and were almost killing yourself to be polite! Anna is the most polite marbles player in the world. Dexter’s t-shirt is a big hit, but not with my sister!
    I was wondering what type of camera and mic you used. You got very little sound distortion with the wind. This is going to make a great series to follow and is a splendid way to show people around the world about your brilliant school. I am beginning to recognise some of the children. We have some of your photos from the postcard project work, in our corridor.

Hope you have an ‘arty’ Friday!

Mr E

• Dear Mr. Eldridge,

Marbles are really fun but I just collect them, I dont play with them.
      We do try to be really polite. Ana is always polite and nice always.
      I have to admit Dex’s T-shirt was a big hit.
      We were using a web cam and we didn’t use any mics we just used a big voice.
      It was a windy day when we shot the video.

Your friend Silkence (in Mrs Wansons 2/3 class blog.)

3. hi wow i haven’t commented on a post for a while
    any who i loved this video it is so good I wish we could do whats up at A.J again it was soo much fun
    maybe we could start that again sometime if i will send more ideas to you guys in a little bit
    from/love Charlize 🙂

• Dear Charlize,
      I liked what’s up at A.J too, I will ask Mrs.Watson if she will do what’s up at A.J again . We could maybe start it again.
      talk to you soon,
      Sophie