We’re Going to Do What?

Last Friday the students looked at several examples of non-objective art and then painted some beautiful artworks of their own. After the paintings were dry we added more detail using black paint and spray bottles of white paint. This week we started by cutting our paintings into squares and then put them back together randomly. Some students were a little nervous about having their paintings cut-up, but we all loved the results when they were finished.

This art lesson came from another great blog that Mrs. Watson follows, mrspicasso’s art room.

7 thoughts on “We’re Going to Do What?

1. Thanks for yet another excellent art idea, it is so helpful to us the way people leave links, so that we can follow up the ideas. You clearly work very hard. There are so many painting techniques and effects used. How brave to cut your masterpieces up! Then the magic bit of creating a whole new picture that made me look at your work differently.
    I wonder what it would be like if you had created a box with different angular pieces sticking out and then covered it in squares and thereby made a hanging Picaso style sculpture … or even Gaudiesque one?
    What I liked was how when I looked at the cut up paintings, I could really look for the texture and colour in each square, whereas before I was concentrating on the composition.
    Mr E thought he saw the styles of lots of other artists too, especially Kandinsky.
    Painting to music is something I have not done in a long time. The way the music influences our brush style is intriguing.
    Was it calm and gentle music that you listened to?
    Well done artists on the island!

Mrs E
    Middleham
    http://www.middlehampri1.posterous.com

2. What a great idea and how well you carried it out. I can understand how you might be nervous about cutting up your pictures when you have worked so hard on them but it was the right thing to do – it worked out beautifully 🙂 Thanks for the link to the blog – we” ll have to try it out too.

3. wow your art work is amazing because of the colours that you have chosen they really make the picture stand out. Do you enjoy doing art. I like doing art because I can let my imagination go wild!

• Dear Nicole,
      I really thought painting the non objetive art was fun infact awesome! I made most of the colours that I used! I just let my imagination go wild on the paper that is my favourite part of art too!

From,
      Karin:)