Geometric Designs

Friday is normally our art day, but with today being a Professional Development Day in our school district we decided to find a way to combine art with math on a Thursday instead.

This lesson from Adventures of an Art Teacher seemed to be the perfect fit.

We talked about different two dimensional shapes and then had a wonderful time using them to create these beautiful pictures.

3 thoughts on “Geometric Designs

1. Justin and Sophie have now been at our breakfast table, I love the clips that feature smiles. My wife and I like this animoto, it certainly is a good blend of art and maths. The quality of the work is as always very high. The links to your sources of inspiration are very helpful and quite a few people here follow through to find out further ideas to use. When does your term finish?

Take care

Mr and Mrs E
    England

2. Dear Mrs Watson and 2/3s
    We watched your video and the first thing everyone in B4 said was, “Can we do that? Pleeaassee!”
    So I think one day when we are studying geometry, that is what we will have to do.
    Thank you for the great ideas.

from B4

3. Dear B4,
    If I was in B4 I would of said the same thing. It is really fun doing the project but it is hard too. Once Mrs. Watson almost canceled art but the 2/3s made really sad faces and Mrs.Watson had to consider having art.
    Good luck on geometry.

Talk to you soon,
    Sophie