Infinitus

This morning we were treated to an incredible performance by Infinitus, an amazing string trio. Group members Alex, Anthony, and John put on a wonderful show that had the students excited and engaged the entire hour. They entertained us with theme songs, modern hits, and classical pieces. They also shared information with the students about their instruments, music vocabulary, and the different techniques they use. The students loved that they could recognize each song and some even sang along! They were invited to make song requests and there wasn’t a song the trio couldn’t play. Alex, Anthony, and John have definitely given the students a new appreciation for classical music and other genres that they might not have been familiar with. We were humming and singing all day!

See how many of the songs you can recognize in these clips from this morning’s performance!

http://www.infinitusmusic.com

What songs did you recognize? What was your favourite part of the performance?

3 thoughts on “Infinitus

1. Your video was very relaxing combined with a morning cup of tea! Seeing young people play so easily must surely be an inspiration to the even younger children watching.
    My favourite extract was ‘Smoke on the Water’ (Deep Purple). Mrs E liked hearing the children singing along.

Enjoy yourselves

Mr E
    Hawes

2. Dear Mrs. Watson’s class,

That looks like a wonderful event! I recognized the first song. The first song was Star Wars. I couldn’t recognize the other songs. The musicians are really talented. I wish I could play an instrument that well. I hope you had fun with that amazing special event! What was your favorite song? How many songs did you recognize?

Sincerely,
    Natalie S.