The Regional Science Fair

Today the 2/3’s, and a few of the intermediate students, traveled to the Regional Science Fair in Port McNeill. The students who placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at our school science fair got the chance to display their projects at the regional fair.

The students not displaying projects spent the morning in Mrs. Moncton’s grade 3 classroom buddy reading, playing math games, and then showing our new friends some of the great things we do on our blog and how to use a few different web 2.0 tools. After lunch we were all treated to a Mad Scientist show in the gym. We especially loved when Doctor J and Doctor S set things on fire and made things explode!

After the final explosion it was time for the awards ceremony. AJ students did a fantastic job and we are very proud of how well they represented our school! After the awards ceremony we headed back down to the dock to wait for our ride home.

4 thoughts on “The Regional Science Fair

1. I really enjoyed the pictures of all of you at the Science Fair. It looks like you had a great time and learned a lot. I would think that spending time in another class at a different school was fun as well. The Mad Scientist Show looked fabulous. I would love to have been there to see it. I also really liked the pictures or you at the waterfront waiting for your ride home. The boat in the back of the picture is our boat! Lawrie had taken it to get to work that day.

2. Dear Mrs. Watson and 2/3’s,

What a special experience! It is a big job to represent your school in front of many other people. But, I guess that is something you do every day on your wonderful blog! Thank you for sharing your learning with us. I know there will be some Science Club members who will be very interested in your adventures. We’ll stop over for a visit tomorrow.

Your Pal,
    Mrs. M❀❀re

3. Dear Mrs. Watson,

Congratulations guys! We did a science club too! Were doing the second one. I did the first one. It was fun too! I hope you did too. We’re happy for the post . Thank you.

Your Blogging Buddy,
    Jack.

4. Dear Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 class,

That reminds me of the movie ” Meet the Robinson’s”. That reminds me of “Meet the Robinson’s” because Wilbert go’s to the science fair and has a backing soda volcano. Once I did a science experiment and I made a backing soda volcano. I’m guessing I didn’t do it right because it didn’t blow. Who was in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place?

Your blog Buddie,
    Sierra from Techie Kids