When I’m 100…

As part of our 100’s Day celebration we drew pictures of what we think we might look like when we are 100. After we drew and coloured our pictures we crumpled them up into little balls to add even more wrinkles. This is the first time we have ever crumpled up our work, but we love how they turned out. We also painted wallpaper for the background of our self portraits. We hope you like them!

What do you think you might be doing when you are 100?

41 thoughts on “When I’m 100…

1. Wow! I love you self-portraits of what you think you’ll look like when you are 100. Great work. I hope you are all healthy and happy at 100. I teach 4th graders in New Orleans, Louisiana.

• Dear Mrs. Naugle,
      Thank you so much for visiting our blog and for leaving us a comment. We hope that we will be healthy and happy too! Seeing that you were from Louisiana made us think of Mike Artel, the author of Cajun Red Ridinghood. We got to skype with him last year which was a lot of fun. Have your students read any of his books?

Mrs. W and the 2/3’s

2. Mrs. Watson and students,

What wonderful pictures! The artwork is amazing and I think when you look back on these when you turn 100, you’ll be amazed at how similar they look to you! I would never recommend to my students to crumple up their work but it was a great idea for this project! That must’ve been fun!

Keep working hard!

Mr. Avery
    Plympton, Massachusetts

• Dear Mr. Avery,
      Thank you for looking at our pictures and leaving us such a nice comment. It would be funny if we look just like our pictures when we are 100!

Crumpling up our pictures was a little scary at first, but then it was fun. We had worked hard on them and it seemed so strange to be crumpling them up into little balls. Maybe your students would like to give it a try sometime šŸ™‚

Mrs. W and the 2/3’s

3. Dear Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 Class,

I loved your self portraits at 100 years of age! What a great activity to do on the 100th day of school, I might borrow this idea for next year. The crumpling of the paper was a great way to add realistic wrinkles to the drawings.

I enjoyed reading your ideas of what you might be like at 100, but my favorite was Quang’s. I think it’s great to look forward to still doing active stuff even when you get much older. I hope I’m fishing when I’m 100!

From,
    Mr. Salsich

4. Dear Mrs.Watson,

When I am 100 I will probably be old and wrinkly. But I will still try to do all the things I like to do now. Like riding my bike, Swimming, Skateboarding, Playing soccer and jump roping. But it will be alot harder at age 100 than 10! It doesn’t hurt to try though! I thought your classes thoughts on bieng 100 are great!

From,
    Techie Kids

5. Dear Mrs. Watson,

I think when I am 100 I would relax in a old folk home all day and hang out with one of my friends if they`re still alive! I think maybe it would be fun to be 100! How would you spend your life when you are 100? Sometimes people don`t really want to think about being that old yet. People always react different to many things. But I myself think it would be cool.

Your Friend,
    Alexis from Techie Kids

6. Dear Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 Class,

I like that cool idea. Well when I’m 100 I would like to be known as the oldest person alive. And I would like to do a lot of cool things that older people never have done or thought of doing. And I wish by that time I would have been to Hawaii and to Niagara Falls. I hope by that time I already have been to the Winter Olympics to race.

Your Friend,
    Sierra from Techie Kids

7. Dear Mrs.Watson,

When I am 1 hundred I will be watching foot ball in my living room or I will be bungie jumping off the Grand Canyon. Mrs.Watson what would you be doing when you are a hundred?

Your Friend,
    Justin from Techie Kids

8. Dear Mrs. Watson,
    If I was 100, I would probably be watching TV and playing with my grandchildren just like my grandma does with me. I would probably be a cool grandma.
    Some of the places I would take my grandchildren are Walt Disney World, The park, Cedar Point,and all those fun places kids like to go. If you were 100 what would you be doing?

Sincerely,
    Deja from Techie Kids

• Dear Techie Kids,
      The way I would spend my life when I am 100, hmm, I think I would be sitting in a chair in or outside and onces and a while I would take a stroll in my garden. Well, I guess I would play with my grand children onces and a while (that is if I end up having any) and I might take them to places kids like to go to too onces and a while as well.
      Your quad blogging friend,
      Niall in Mrs.Watsons class

9. Dear Justin,

We well be lyng on the couch watching TV. Also we will be raggedy and we will probably be grannies. What will you look like when your 100?

From Silkence and Lily!!

10. Dear Mrs Watson and 2/3s
    I think from your artworks that you will be fit and active when you are 100!
    I think that as people get older they don’t really feel old inside themselves. My father is turning 83 tomorrow and I’m sure he still thinks he is a young man. Recently we had to tell him he was not allowed to be painting the roof!

As you really enjoyed crumpling your work, you might like to try making batik art. Batik is cloth dyed with a wax-resist technique from Indonesia.
    I haven’t done fabric batik, but I have made a paper look-alike.
    Use a thick brown (or grey) paper and draw your patterns with black wax crayon. Crumple your work into a ball and dampen with water. Open out the paper and let it dry.
    You could use Google to get an idea of the patterns.

Have fun!

from Mrs M♔Kenzie

• Dear Mrs. McKenzie,
      We think that Batik sounds really interesting. We would all like to try the project you described. Mrs. Watson said we can find out more about Batik and try a project one Friday.

Thanks for sharing a new idea with us. We love ART!

Your friends,
      Mrs. W and the 2/3’s

11. You chaps create some marvellous art. hey, but give a guy a break…I’m 51 and I look older than most of your portraits!
    I’d like to know what two areas of the curriculum children in your class most like? I’d also like to know what area they’d pass on, if they could?
    My school opened in 1879, I have the log books and trust me the curriculum has not changed that much! Do the children think there will be changes in the curriculum in the future?

Mr E
    Hawes cp School
    England

• Dear Mr. E,
      Thanks for the brilliant comment! We’re sure you don’t look that old šŸ™‚

Here are the areas of the curriculum that we like most:
      Sahara: Math and art
      Niall: Math and science
      Justin, Ana, Sophie, Fay, Jenny,and Silky: Science and art
      Karin: Everything!
      Kennedy: Learning!
      Dante and Quang: Gym and science
      Lily: Math and social studies
      Oceana: Gym and language arts

Hmm, what would we pass on, well we have a really hard time with that. Some things aren’t our very favourite, but we know they are all important.

Here are some of our ideas about the future of education:
      Justin: I think there will be no desks.
      Fay: I think there will be robot teachers.
      Sahara: I think that instead of walking we will be flying on boards everywhere.
      Karin: I think there will be holograms.
      Lily: I think our desks and chairs will float.
      Quang: We will learn how to make robots.
      Niall: We might learn how to fly.

Your friends,
      Mrs. W and the 2/3’s

12. Dear Mrs.Watson’s class,
    Hi! my name is Savannah! I think all of these ideas are great! I think when I’m 100 there will be flying cars and automobiles. Also robots who will help old people get around. Plus I think there will be computers that follow us around. Also a chair that when you can say “Right ” and it will go right. That is all I can think of for now!

You’re Fourth Grade Friend,

Savannah
    Techie Kids

13. Pingback: Welcome Quad Blogging Buddies | Mrs. Watson's 2/3 Class

14. Dear Mrs watson’s class,
    I really enjoyed seeing your portraits. What a great idea.
    I think it’s great that Silkence loves her special necklace enough to want to have it all her life. I also love the idea that Fay and Niall may still be friends when they’re 100. I still have a very close friend that I met at primary school ( you say elementary school, I think). That was a very long time ago, but we still have great fun when we meet each other.

Mrs de Vries
    Leopold, Australia

• Dear Mrs.Devries,
      Thank you for saying that you love the idea that me and Fay may still be friends when we’re 100. I like that you have a close friend that you met in elementary school (yes, we do call it elementary).
      from,
      Niall

• Dear Mrs DeVries,
      I may still be Niall’s friend if I’m not dead when I’m 100.:/ What is your close friend’s name?
      From
      Fay in Mrs.W’s 2/3 class

• Dear Mrs. De Vries class,

What is your close friend’s name? I have a close friend her name is Jenny she speaks chinese we met in 2009!!!!!!!!! šŸ™‚ :O :I

I really do want to keep my locket safe because it’s from my uncle and aunty!!!!!!!!! Do you like or have a locket? I have ubout 8 or 9 lockets. How many lockets do you have if you have any?

Do you have any cats? I don’t!

Silkence (in Mrs. W’s 2/3 class.)

15. Dear Mrs Watson’s Class,

When I’m a 100 years old , I will still be friends with VJ and I’ll be dying.

I plan to live in Germany in a two story house.

from your blogging budy Cam

• Dear Cam,
      When I’m 100 I think that I will be very old. It so good you that still wanted to be friends with VJ.
      I will still be friends with my best friend when I’m 100.
      Have you went to Germany before? I haven’t even been in Germany.

From Jenny in Mrs W’s 2/3 class.

16. Dear Mrs Watson’s 2/3 clarss,

When I’m 100 I would not have very much wrinkles because I would of been sun smart (I hope.)I would live in a nursing home and I would still have my frends that I met in my kinder.
    ”By the way I love the post.”

your blogging buddy
    Charlotte

• Dear Charlotte,

I have a cousin named Charlotte! When Iā€™m 100 I will have freckles because I have freckles now.

Oceana, From Mrs.Watsons 2/3 class

17. @ Mrs Watson’s class,

I raelly loved your post.

When we’re 100! years old. Jackson would have a walking stick, Riley would have a humugous TV.
    I would be still be friends with Kobi. Jackson would be friend with Jayden and Jorden.

from Riley and Jackson. šŸ˜‰

18. Dear Mrs Watson & class,

When I am 100 I will be in a nursing home and may have heaps of problems with me, like I might be deaf. I might die when I am a 100 or I mightl die when I am a bit older like 112. ( I problaby might not be that old yet.) I think that pictures are a very good I idea, I wish we could do that it would be fun.

Best Wishes,
    Kamarah šŸ™‚

• Dear Kamarah,

I will want to live to 100, but before that I might die. Do you think you will die before you tern 100? If I dont die when I’m 100 I will always nap or always be tired. I even might have troubles hearing. Are there any more things that you will do when your 100?

Your friend
      Justin

19. Dear Mrs Watsons class,

My name is Sophie and I am from 3DD.
    I love your post about ‘When I’m 100’.

I thought of a when I’m 100 sentence… When I’m 100 I will still have my teddy Smooch who is a moose (I got him when I was born from my Uncle Alf who is from Calgary in Canada). I will still have my friends from Leopold Primary School.

I love everyone’s pictures and it was a great idea. The idea of scrunching up your paper to make it crinkly.
    Maybe at home I might try and make a when I am 100 sheet tonight.

I am having great fun quad blogging. Are you?

Keep up the great blogging!
    Your quad blogging buddy from down under,
    Sophie 8)

• Dear Sophie,
      Making when i am 100 art is really fun. Here’s a couple tips for you:
      1 make sure that you have fun.
      2 crumple the paper.
      3 dont throw the art in the trashcan.

Your new blogging buddy,
      Sophie (in Mrs W’s 2/3 class)

• @ Sophie,

Thank you for the reply!

Thank you also for the tips. It sounds funny how you say ‘trashcan’ and we say ‘rubbish bin’.
        Once again, making ‘When I’m 100’ portraits sure does sound fun!

Don’t you think it is funny how your name is Sophie and my name is Sophie?
        I am having fun quad blogging. Aren’t you?

Sophie šŸ™‚

20. Dear Mrs Watson and class,
    Hi my name is Bianca but my friends call me BB. I am 3DD Mrs De Vries’s grade.

I forgot to say awesome post.

When I am 100 I will yell at the TV, marry a lovely hasband, catch up with my friends when we go to bingo. I would have a cat called SunSmart and I will blog for a long time.

Your pictures are very nice.

I wonder what will happen to me in the future.

You never know what will happen to you in the future.

I would love to do what you did.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have my blog this is the website http://biancasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/ I hope you enjoy looking at my blog.

When you are 100 you have to be SunSmart becasue you can get really sick.

In our grade we are learning about SunSmart.
    What are you studying in your grade?

From your new pal,
    BB :mrgreen:

• Dear Bianca,
      It sounds kind of funny that you said that you will yell at the T.V.. How do you make the super smile? Sorry that that went off topic. Could you tell me what sunsmart is? In my grade(grade 3 that is) I think, that we are sdudying the water cycle.
      Your friend,
      Niall

• @ Niall,
        Thank you for replying back to me.

Inside I found a website that has cool super smileys that might help you.

Here it is http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Smilies.

Hope you like it.

Sunsmart is being careful in the sun becasue you can badly burned from the sun.

You can follow these rules and it goes like this Slip on a shirt, Slop on some sunscreen, Slap on a hat, Seek for some shade and Slide on so sunglasses.

In term 3 we are larning about water.

From Bianca.

21. Dear Mrs Watson and class,

I think the idea of thist post is very good. When I am old and 100 I hope to be still be best friends with Max and he has been my best friend from kinderkarten:) me and Max are very good friends!

The pictures that you made when you will be 100 are so awesome and I think they are so detailed! How did you come up with this awesome post!!!

When I am one hundred I think I will be still kind but ugly and sometimes yell at the television.

From Clancy:) !

22. Dear Mrs Watsons class,

When I am one hundred years old I would drink a lot of coffee because when your one hundred years old it is hard to keep your eyes open so you can’t die when your asleep.

From Lachlan in 3DD :mrgreen: šŸ™‚ šŸ˜‰

23. Dear Mrs Watson and class,

I think the idea of when I’m 100 is funny.
    When I`m 100 I`ll have hardly any teeth. I
    might live in a retirement village and I`ll probably
    have a beard.

from Kobi

24. Dear Mrs Watson and class

I loved the post. It is awesome. When Im 100 I’ll have gray hair and wrinkles and I’ll be funny. I will also have 5 coffees a day.
    from VJ (and Kadyn)

25. Dear Mrs Watson and class,
    When I am a 100 years old, I will still have my best friends and my favourite teddy “Tiger”(who is a tiger).
    I will be very wrinkly and weird.
    I will be living in a nursing home with my friend Sophie!

I’m going to have six thousand and nine chocolate chip cookies with only two coffees a day and read books to my grandchildren.
    I will also have very very grey hair.
    The drawings looked very funny and colourful.
    I hope there are more funny and colourful post.
    Bye for now ,
    Zoe