100th Day Hooray!

Today we celebrated our hundredth day of school. It is hard to believe that we are already more than halfway through our year!

To start the day we talked about life 100 years ago and how things might be when we are 100. Then we drew pictures of what we might look like when we turn 100. Our portraits will be posted soon.

In the afternoon we went on a 100 Number hunt and then did a couple of fun challenges using 100 pattern blocks and 100 Lego pieces. The day went way too fast!

100’s Day! on PhotoPeach

Do you celebrate 100’s Day at your school?

Try these fun math games and celebrate along with us!

First to 100

Give the Dog a Bone

18 thoughts on “100th Day Hooray!

1. I liked the idea of having a 100th day of school day. I also really liked the diffrent patterns that you made and the number games lokes fonner than doing it out of a book isnt it? James Burravoe School Shetland

• Dear James,
      We really like 100’s Day too. Do you do anything like that at your school? We start counting on the first day as part of our calendar routine. We do a lot of different things with the number of the day and then have our special celebration when we reach 100. Maybe you can have 100’s Day at your school too.

Mrs. W and the 2/3’s

2. This is a really enjoyable presentation. I particularly like the photo of the guys laying down and the lego tower. Did you know the very first lego bricks were made out of wood? When I was 15 I saw my first calculator, I learnt to use a slide rule at school. My first proper home computer came maybe 13/14 years ago. I find it hard to imagine how things will change. May computers will be voice activated and we will sign in with our eyes … I’d like them to work faster at home!
    What do you guys think will happen in the future, I would love to know.

Mr E
    Hawes Community Primary school
    England

• Dear Mr. E,
      We didn’t know that Lego used to be made out of wood. What a cool fact! Most of us have always had a computer at home. I t is hard to imagine not having one.

Here are our predictions for the future:
      Jordan-I that there will be shoes that can run on water.
      Sahara-I think there will be flying cars.
      Kennedy-I think that there will be enormous buildings, bigger than 2 hotels stacked on each other.
      Quang-I think they will have robot horses that can fly.
      Lily-I think that everything will be voice activated.
      Sophie-I think in the future you can think about where you want to go and zap there instantly.
      Justin-I think that part of the ground will burn up and there will be water cities.
      Dante-I think that everything will be flying in the air.
      Karin-I think there will be printers that will print living things.
      Silkence-You will be able to put on a backpack and it will lift you up into the air.

Thanks for your great question. We had a lot of fun thinking about the future!

Mrs. W and the 2/3’s

3. Dear Mrs. Watson,

Sadly, 4th grade and up in our school don`t celebrate 100th`s day. All though we would like to we don`t. You guys are so lucky for getting to celebrate! I hope you guys enjoyed 100th`s day! How did you guys celebrate?
    Sincerely,
    Alexis

4. Dear Mrs.w and the 2/3`s,

This is a really interesting 100 day post. I remember in first grade my mom painted 100 different smiley faces on my green sweater.
    My friend brought 100 pennies and I was jealous. But that was one of the funnest days at school. Thanks for reading.

your friend Donald from techie kids

5. Dear Mrs.Watson

In our school only the lower elm celebrate 100th’s day to the upper elm its just another day of homework and tests.

Your friend,Kayla

6. Dear Mrs.Watson’s 2/3 class,

I think today is are 100ths day of school here at Lottie. I remember in 2nd grade when we did the same thing and made pictures of us being 100 years old. I would like to see how life was 100 years ago. I wonder what it would be like 100 years from now. I wish we could do something like a 100th number hunt.

Your Pal,
    Courtny

7. Dear Mrs. Watson,

How are you? I’m awesome! I love 100’s Day. I can’t believe our school year is almost over. When I’m 100 I see myself playing bingo with all the other old people. When I was in first grade on 100’s day our old computer teacher, Mr.White, dressed up as Zero The Hero. What’s your favorite holiday that you celebrate at school?

Your blog buddy
    Kristen from Techie Kids

8. Dear Courtny
    You guys have 100 day too? What did you do on 100 day? We did a number skavinger hunt and drew what we would look like in 100 years and painted the background. Now they are up on the wall. We all hope that your day was fun 🙂

From Sophie and Jordan 🙂

9. Dear Kayla,
    Are you in the upper elm or the lower elm? If you are in the upper elm, on 100″s day it souds a little boring. Do you celebrate 100’s day at home?
    If you are in the upper elm what kind of tests do you have to do?
    Your friends,
    Niall and Ana

10. Dear Alexis,
    We drew ourselves when we are a 100. We are so sorry that you guys did not get to do 100s day. Thanks for leaving us a comment.

From Sophie Jordan 🙂

11. Dear Donald,
    It is kind of funny that your mom painted 100 different smily faces on your grean sweter. Just wondering, how many pennies do you have?

From,
    Niall and Ana

12. Dear Mrs. Watson,

100 Day is like my favorite day ever. When I was in social studies there was a kindergarten class came in the had 100 stuff in there hands. They had 100 hat on there heads. I thought I was going to laugh but I didn’t. I hope you have a great 100 day!!

Your Blogging Buddy,
    Jack

13. Dear Mrs. Watson and 2/3,
    Our school celebrated 100th Day, too. Every grade (PreK-8) tried to collect 100 food items hoping to reach 1,000. The prekindergarten classes (ages 3-4) collaborated and collected over 100 boxes of macaroni and cheese. Kids in our school like to eat macaroni and cheese. Do the children in your school like to eat it? Here is a video of the PreK class counting their boxes: http://juselig.edublogs.org/2011/02/12/100-days-of-school/

Our 3rd grade has a classroom blog: http://selig3.edublogs.org. They just started and think your class blog is done very well. We’d love to hear from you!
    Mrs. Selig