Skype with the Techie Kids

Today we got to Skype with the Techie Kids and their teacher Mrs. Moore! The Techie Kids have a blog just like we do. We like to visit their blog and see all the great things they are doing at school. We also like to write comments to each other.

Here are some of the things we found out today:
-They have 328 students in their school and we only have 38
-They have 11,000 people in their town and we only have 800
-They like reading Nancy Drew, Junie B. Jones, Baby Sitter’s Club, and Calvin and Hobbes. We think Calvin and Hobbes is funny!
-It was 28°C there today and 11°C here
-We both like a lot of the same outdoor sports
-They have a lot of restaurants to choose from
-They live near Lake St. Clair and like water sports. Lake St. Clair is way bigger than Big Lake. It is 40km across! Big Lake isn’t even 1km across.
-We sang each other our national anthems

We think that both anthems are great!

We hope that we can Skype with the Techie Kids again!

8 thoughts on “Skype with the Techie Kids

1. Dear Mrs Watson and the 1/2/3’s,

I hope that skype session with the Techie Kids was fun. We know them too but we can’t skype with them because they live in the Northern Hemisphere like you do.

I think Canada and the American national anthem sounds great. Have you ever heard Australia’s national anthem? We sing the national anthem at assembly every Monday.

From your blogging buddy Skye!!! 🙂 😉 🙂 😉 🙂

P.S.Great video that you made us!

• Dear Skye,

Thank you for leaving us another great comment! I think it is neat that we know some of the same schools through our blogs. It makes the world seem like a much smaller place!

You have a great national anthem too! What do you do at your assemblies each week? We only have assemblies a few times a year because our school is so small.

I hope that we can make you another video before our school year is over. Our last day of school is June 29th.

Have a great week at school,
      Mrs.W

2. Dear Mrs Watson,

Thanks for replying to my comment!

That’s so nice of you too say Australia’s national anthem is great and so is yours!

Normally at assembly we sing our national anthem, sometimes give out You Can Do It awards and sometimes people do dances. When you do assemblys what do you do?

Can’t wait for a reply from you!!!

From your blogging buddy Skye!!!

🙂 😉 🙂 😉

3. Dear Skye,

Your assemblies sound like fun. Have you ever been given a “You Can Do It” award?

We have assemblies when special performers come to our school, for special days like Remembrance Day, and for year end when we give out awards. We also sing our national anthem at our assemblies.

Time for sleep here in Canada 🙂
    Mrs. W

4. Dear Mrs Watson and the 1/2/3’s,

I have got a You Can Do It award before but not at assembly I got it from one of my teachers.
    Do you give out You Can Do It awards, if you do have you got one before?

Can’t wait for a reply!

From your blogging buddy Skye!!!

🙂 😉 🙂 😉

• Dear Skye,
      How did you earn your award? We do not have You Can Do It awards at our school and so I would love to learn more about them.

I hope you had a good day at school today,

Mrs. W

5. Dear Mrs Watson and the 1/2/3’s,

Thank you for replying to my comment!

I once got an award in grade 1 and it was for being persistant, and it was for knowing my strengths and weaknesses and I remember another time I got an award in grade 1 also, and it was a getting along award because I was taking turns fairly.

Can’t wait for a reply!!!

Happy Blogging,
    Skye 🙂

P.S. Hope we can make another video soon!!! 😉