5 thoughts on “The Beaver

1. What a great Glog about beavers! I am from Australia and I don’t know much about beavers. I didn’t realise beaver lodges could be so big…beavers are like little tractors!

I’m learning how to make Glogs so I can teach some of my students how to make them during our Library classes. I will show them the Glogs on your class page. Do you have any hints or tips about making a Glog that might help us?

Miss Yeomans 🙂

2. Dear Miss Yeomans,
    Thank you so much for leaving us a comment on our blog. We all really liked the video too. The students liked how you described beavers as little tractors! They thought it was funny and very true.

We think that your students will really enjoy making Glogs too. We worked on them over several days and learned what to do as we went. We started with the background and then added our text on stickers. Next we looked for pictures and videos about our topic. The graphic decorations were the last things we added. My students thought of two tips:
    1. Don’t forget to save your Glog every once and awhile as you are working on it
    2. Don’t add too many decorations (the students in our class really liked the animated decorations)

We would love to look at your Glogs after you make them!

Mrs. W and the 1/2/3’s

3. Hello Mrs. W and the 1/2/3’s,

Our class has been visiting your site frequently for ideas to use on our new blog site. You posted a reply on our site and we are currently finishing up end of the year assessments. As soon as that is done, the students will be replying to your request about our school and the town in which it is located. I especially like how you used Glogs and the tips you provided. Our class is studying animal habitats and I thought this would be a great way to present their research. I hope to get the Glogs posted by the 2nd week of June (we are off until June 2, and that is only a half day).

Mrs. Yammine and the Super STAR’s

4. Hi Mrs. Watson,

I was just browsing through a few class blogs to get some more ideas for our own. The glogs activity looks great – what an interesting way to present information. I have just looked on the glogs website and wanted to know, can you produce a glog like the ones your students have done on the free registration or would I need to subscribe?
    Thanks so much. My kids will love looking at the work you’ve done.
    Sarah (Teacher of Five Degrees in New Zealand)

5. Hi Mrs Watson your post is really great and interesting. This information about beaver is really useful for students and also I really the way you put backgrounds and decoration. This is a really neat post.