The Salmon Have Arrived

Today Louisa brought 100 Chum eggs to our school. We are going to raise them in our fish tank. When they become fry, and are big enough, we will release them in the creek in Rough Bay. Here are some of the things we learned today:

Ava-They have to have cold water. My fish are named Pepper and Christmas.
Morgan-They need to have dark water because they need to sleep under the dark water. My fish are named Rose and Flower.
Owen-They wiggle to get out of their eggs. My fish are named Herbie and Chocolate.
Sierra-They have to be in the shade. My fish are named Lissie, Lolo, and Sophire.
Hilary-They don’t like muddy water. My fish are named Cindy and Sparkles.
Mya-When they hatch they have food on their tummies. My fish are named Lola, Sunshine, and Marine.
Isaac-It’s a circle of life. When the parents die, the babies hatch. Then they are fry and then they turn into adults if they survive. If they don’t survive they die. My fish are named One Musketeer and Two Musketeer.
Koa-I learned that salmon can only live in cold water. My fish are named Alice and Lila
Melliah-My fish are named Daisy and Lila.
Linden-The mom salmon kicks over a whole bunch of rocks with her tail, she lays the eggs, and then she covers them up. My fish are named Pick and Misty.
May-They make a nest in gravel.
Jorja-I learned that they need air. In our tank it comes from bubbles. My fish are named Tom and Jerry.
Bronwen-Their favourite water is clean cedar water. My fish are named Snowy and Ice.
Brooklynn-
Randi-They stay in the shade. My fish are named Nemo and Tanisha.

One thought on “The Salmon Have Arrived

1. Dear Mrs. Watson and class,
    I really like the project you guys are doing
    I hope i could do somthing like this one day

Happy Blogging, Erik