A Special Visit

This morning Meghan and Lisa from Forestry stopped by our classroom with a very special guest. They came to talk to us about the forest. We learned about renewable resources and invasive species.

We talked about making sure that we leave animals and plants where their home is and not taking them somewhere else to live. Our social guest, Slimy the Bullfrog, isn’t meant to be living in Campbell River, but that is where he was found. Bullfrogs are actually supposed to be living on the other side of Canada! Invasive species can cause a lot of damage.

Even tough bullfrogs are invasive species, we sure did have a lot of fun visiting with Slimy today!

Kezra-I got to hold the cutest frog ever named Slimy. He is really strong and he hit the the glass in his little tank and he has a bruise now. You can tell by the eardrum if they are a female or a male frog.

May-I got to hold him. He was really calm when I held him. He was really chubby.

Ava-When they are babies they are tadpoles.

Cherish-Frogs can breathe under water when they are babies. They duck under water. Slimy is a bullfrog.

Sierra-Frogs are really slimy because they are under the water. When frogs get bigger they have to keep their head out of the water so they can breathe some air.

Kaydan- Slimy eats birds, other frogs, and snakes.

Mya-Frogs can hop very high and they eat lots of food.

Have you ever held a bullfrog before?  What kinds of invasive species can be found where you live?

2 thoughts on “A Special Visit

1. Hi Mrs Watson and Class,

My name is Ava I’m from a class you might know 4KJ.
    Your blog is great!

If you would like to visit one of my blogs click the links. avasblog.global2.vic.edu.au or ava.global2.vic.edu.au

Got to gallop on Beau and Teddy (horses I ride),
    Ava (4KJ)

2. Hi Mrs.Watson it`s lily i miss you and was wondering how you and your class were doing, and that looks like it was really cool having that bullfrog in your class.