Buddy Reading in K/1/2/3

We have come to the end of our second week together.  The Kindergartens have done marvellously with their first week of full days.  The students are all excited about reading and sharing their favourite books with each other.  Here’s a peek at buddy reading this afternoon:

What’s your favourite book?

12 thoughts on “Buddy Reading in K/1/2/3

1. Dear Class,
    I love reading. I also like reading with someone so that’s why I really like buddy reading. My favorite books are: Tash, Underworld, and Owen and Mzee. Have any of you guys read my favorite books? If not then what are your favorite books?

From,
    Jorja

• Dear Lorren,
      My Favorite book is Big Nate. I like Goose Bumps too kinda.
      I’v never read No David. Oh I love Aliens Love Underpants
      Your friend,
      Jacob

2. Dear Class,
    I think buddy reading is quite fun. To Sierra I read Curious George, Little Critter, The Paper Bag Princess, and Green Eggs and Ham. If you are a grade 2/3 what
    books did you read to your grade K/1 partner? The books I like are One For The Murphy’s, Wonder, Eragon, and Wheel of Time series. I have a lot of favourite books but they might not fit into one comment! (; I love reading!

Your Friend,
    Brooklynn

3. Dear Mrs Watson and class
    It’s wonderful to know that you are back at school and already settling into your new routines. I can see the younger students are enjoying having their older buddies to help them!
    In our class, B4, in New Zealand, we have ben reading a lot of stories by a New Zealand author called Lynley Dodd. One of her most famous characters is a scruffy little dog called Hairy Maclary! He turned 30 this year and we’ve been reading his stories as part of our author study.

Have you read any stories by Lynley Dodd?

warm wishes
    Mrs McKenzie

4. Dear Class,

I like reading. Yesterday I Read Star Wars. It had clone wars adventures and stuff like that.
    Its a really good book. Ill tell you where to find it if you want.
    Its in the library the one down by the kindergartens school Just ask the lady she will find it for you.
    Ok got to go bye
    From your friend,
    Jacob

5. Dear class,
    that looked like fun. ( I wish I was there.) Buddy reading is always fun! 🙂
    My favorite books are: Super Hero Pets, Ricky Recoda and his MIGHTY ROBOT series, and kids books ritten by Cornelia Funk
    Your class mate,
    Lily

6. Dear Class,
    My favorite book is Baby Sitter club books .Looks like my sister Mya is enjoying that book and my other favorite book is Mmmmm cookies by Robert munch and many more of his books.

From,
    Riley

7. Dear class,
    I loved buddy reading with Owen. The ones he liked most were the funny Frog books, and Scooby Doo books.
    My favourite books or series are:
    The Tale Of Desperaux,
    Harry Potter,
    Magic Tree House,
    Magic School Bus,
    The Tiger Rising, and lots more.
    Sincerely,
    Bronwen

h

8. I love buddy reading. I am reading Marvel SUPER HEROES. In the book are stories of Spider Man, Iron Man and the Avengers.

from,

Solomon

9. Dear class,

That looks like so much fun to bad I wasn’t there with you guys. I was in the other class doing gym. I have a question to ask the kindergartens and grade ones do you guys have a favorite book? and did you like the book that the older kids were reading to you. my favorite book is Nancy Drew And The Zoo Crew.

10. Dear class,

That looks like so much fun to bad I wasn’t there with you guys. I was in the other class doing gym. I have a question to ask the kindergartens and grade ones do you guys have a favorite book? Did you like the book that the older kids were reading to you. My favorite book is Nancy Drew And The Zoo Crew.

sincerely your class mate,

Sharon