Happy Snowmen

Our snowmen certainly have a lot of personality!

This art lesson can be found at deepspacesparkle.com.

7 thoughts on “Happy Snowmen

1. I love your students’ snowmen! I hope to be able to find some space in my schedule to do this with my first graders. Your class does such awesome activities. How do you find the time in a standards-based curriculum that requires content justification for every activity? With all the requirements, sometimes it seems that the “fun”, yet worthwhile activities get lost.

• Dear Ms. Stevens,
      Thank you so much for leaving us a comment on our blog. Fortunately, we don’t have the same sort of curriculum requirements that you must and still have some time for the Arts. I must admit though that I do find it very difficult to fit everything into the week. I am often wishing the school day could be longer so that we would have time for everything. We try to have art every Friday in the afternoon, but sometimes that doesn’t work out.

Sincerely,
      Mrs. W

2. Dear Mrs Watson,
    What fabulous snowmen! I love the colourful backgrounds and added extras, they look fantastic. I wonder if you have been making outdoor snowmen yourselves as well? It’s snowing hard here in the North of England, although we don’t deal with it as well as you do in Canada, as we’re not so used to deep snow. In fact it has snowed so much today that school had to close! Lots of our children come to school on buses, and the roads were becoming impassable. I wonder if you ever have to close your schools in Canada?
    Mrs Monaghan

• Dear Mrs. Monaghan,
      Thank you so much for leaving us a comment. We were very jealous to read that you have snow. Unfortunately, we haven’t had any snow yet this year. It did try a couple of times, but it never stuck to the ground.

We don’t get snow very often either, and like you, when we do school often has to close for safety. This sure doesn’t happen very often though. There are many places in Canada that do get a lot of snow, but being on our little island it just doesn’t seem to hit here.

We hope you are all enjoying the snow and we hope we might get a little soon!

Mrs. W and the K/1/2/3s

3. Dear Class,
    I thought it was fun making happy snowmen! I think Lily’s is cool because Her or his hair sticks up. :)! I think Lily’s snowman might have a scarf that is a little to big for it! All the snowmen look wonderful!

Your Friend,
    Brooklynn

P.S Aydans sure has long hair!

4. Dear mommy’s class,
    I like your colors. I like the snow. Why are they white? How did you make them? I love your snowmens they are really good how you made them. Hi bronwen Sharon and koa.

From
    Sierra

5. Dear Miss Watson,

I like your classes snowmen paintings. There very good and has a lot of color to them. If its snows more outside I hope I can make a snowman like that! The paintings look like there alot of fun too make. I like how you used buttons, fethers, and little pieces of paper to make the scraves in there paintings. Did you get alot of snow where you live? I like how your class gets to do fun colorful projects about winter!

From, Lauryn
    Techie Kids