We Had an Absolutely Wonderful Day!

Today was our Christmas Potluck and Celebration. A wonderful time was had by everyone!

We walked to our community hall after recess to get ready. We practised our songs and made sure that everything was all set-up. We couldn’t believe how many people joined us for lunch. The hall was full of all our families and friends.

The food was amazing! There was turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, buns, vegetables, salads, pickles, cranberry sauce, and deserts galore. The cookies we made yesterday looked great on the table and were a big hit. Our town certainly knows how to do a potluck!

Just a few of the cookies we made yesterday.

After the delicious lunch it was time for a little entertainment. We sang the Vegan Wonderland song that Mr. Neilson wrote and then the intermediate students had 3 dances to share. Next we had a sing-a-long. The Christmas carols sounded beautiful with that many voices joining together.

To wrap up the program we had a special surprise planned for our guests. Our town has Finnish roots, so we learned to sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in Finnish.

Here is a short clip of us singing Petteri Punakuono:

We would like to say a special thank you to our families for making all the wonderful food, Paul Davidson and Ross Bangham for allowing us to use their sound equipment and for helping us to set it all up, Sue Hamilton for baking with us, Rec for allowing us to hold our celebration in the hall, everyone who pitched in and made the clean-up so quick, and all the community members who joined us and made it such a special afternoon!

4 thoughts on “We Had an Absolutely Wonderful Day!

1. Dear Mrs.Watson and the class
    I had fun singing and trying the food. It was all very good. Did you like food? I heart this class

Have a great day

Your class
    mate Merissa

2. Dear Merissa,
    It is great to see a comment from you! I’m glad you enjoyed the potluck and celebration. I sure did! My favourite part was getting to visit and listening to all of you sing.

How is your Christmas break going? I had a wonderful Christmas and am now down in Campbell River visiting my parents. I think we might go skating tomorrow.

I hope to read more about your holiday!

Mrs. W 🙂

3. Dear mrs W and class.
    I am sooooooooooooo sorry I havent been in tuch with you guys. I did not have enuph time at my school and at home when ever I whent to triy the intrnet was not working. how many cheldren do you have in the class? well wude love to chate more but I hafte to go sooooo…… biy.

• Dear Trista,
      I was so excited to see your comment! I can’t wait to show everyone on Monday. We would love to catch up with you and hear about what’s new. How is your family doing? How is the new baby? That is too bad that the internet has been acting up. We run into internet problems sometimes too.

We have 18 students in our class this year in grades K-3. We only have 2 classes in our school now. What is your class like this year?

I hope you can get the chance to write again!

Your friend,
      Mrs. W