Centres Time

Several times a week we go to the classroom next door for centres.  We have a chance to explore all the different areas of the room.

During centres time  we develop important friendship making skills.  We share, we take turns, and we learn how to agree and disagree.   We learn to express our emotions and how to solve problems.  Playing also helps to develop fine motor skills and  co-ordination.

Some of our favourite centres are SmartBoard, kitchen, cars, big blocks, Duplo, trains, puppet theatre, books, and trucks.

5 thoughts on “Centres Time

1. Hello Mrs. Watson’s K/1/2/3 Class,

Centres looks like it was a great deal of fun. I see the SmartBoard had a Word Find game. Did you have to find as many words as you could make using the given letters?

With SmartBoard, kitchen, cars, big blocks, Duplo, trains, puppet theatre, books, and trucks, even I would have fun. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

2. Dear Mr Mannell,
    Thank you for leaving us a comment. Do you like our blog? It’s fun when get a comment from you. Centres is really fun and the game I was playing is called Chicktionary. You do make as many words as you can and there is a secret word that uses all the letters.

We hope you leave us another comment.

From,
    Jorja

• Dear Jorja

I very much like your class blog. It’s one of many I visit. All of them are interesting because of the amazing posts students and classes make when they share their interesting activities and their creations. I visit blogs from students aged 5 to 18 so I might be seeing a latest drawing of a 5 year old or commenting on an 18 year old students post about their government studies.

I like the Chicktionary game. I do similar puzzles every week. Just as our bodies need exercise to stay healthy, so does our mind. In the photo, I can see the letters PUEARC. Here are some words I found…

CUP, ACE, ACRE, APE, ARE, CAP, CUR, CURE, EAR, ERA, PAR, PEA, RACE, RAP

Keep blogging. 🙂
      @RossMannell
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

3. Dear the K.123

It looks like you are having a lot of fun in Mrs.Watson class. She is the one who taught me my !23s and abcs

From Jordan

4. Dear class,
    I really like when we go over for centers. My favorite center is duplo. the people who normally play with me are May and Merissa. I build stairs and slides for them. They build houses. What our your favorite centers.

From
    Brooklynn