What Are You Reading?

In K/1/2/3 we are very excited about books and about reading. Yesterday we got to go book shopping for the first time! We learned to pick “Good Fit” books. To pick a “Good Fit” book you can use I PICK.

I choose a book
Purpose-Why do I want to read it?
Interest-Does it interest me?
Comprehend-Am I understanding what I am reading?
Know-I know most of the words

We also thought it would be a good idea to show you some of the great books we chose!

We also wanted to let everyone know that we got to 16 minutes of Read to Self stamina today! Mrs. Watson lost track of the time and we just kept reading and reading. No one wanted to stop!

What are you reading?
Do you have a favourite book, series, or author?

4 thoughts on “What Are You Reading?

1. It’s a great time of year for choosing books. There were two that you have, that I also have in my school; Mr Dahl’s ‘The Enormous Crocodile’ and ‘Click,Clack,Moo …’ I have just dramatised Cinderella and Hansel and Gretel in class and at home I’ve just read Finnish Lessons by Pasi Sahlberg that tells me all about schools in Finland … It didn’t have any pictures!
    I also came across a very OLD copy of ‘Dr Dolittle at the Zoo’. It was the first book that I read 100 pages of during a day .. . pretty good reading stamina!

Mr E
    Hawes

2. Dear Mr. E,
    Thanks so much for leaving us another comment 🙂 It is pretty cool that you have some of the same books that we do even though we live so far away from each other. We thought it was interesting that you were reading a book about schools in Finland, especially because of the history of our town. Was it a good book?

Your friends,
    Mrs. W and the K/1/2/3s

3. Dear miss Watson and class,

I think that the “I PICK” is really neat and it is a good way for us kids to find a book. I think I will tell my teacher about this. Cant wait to hear more about this!!
    From
    Kennedy

• Dear Kennedy,
      Thank you so much for leaving a comment on our blog! What class are you from and where do you live? Do you do Daily 5 in your classroom? We really love books and Daily 5. We hope we can learn more about you.

Mrs. W and the K/1/2/3s