What’s Up at AJ?

Most of the students in grades 3-7 are part of our after school Tech Club. The Junior Tech Club meets on Tuesdays and the Senior Tech Club meets on Thursdays (There were so many students interested this year that we had to have two separate days).

We spent the beginning of the year learning about video editing and green screening in preparation for creating our own news show. We have just finished the first episode of, What’s Up at AJ? and we can’t wait to share it with everyone.

There is still a lot to learn. We are all taking turns doing the filming, lighting, editing, and being the on-screen talent. The students will take more and more responsibility as we create each episode.

We hope you enjoyed our first episode and that you will stay tuned for episode 2.

5 thoughts on “What’s Up at AJ?

1. Great Job chaps, it’s so hard completing and actually posting the first episode. You’ve really come up with some great feature ideas. The playground fun feature was enjoyable, my kids will all want swings when they see it…we are on a one week break just now. Kennedy and Mia did a really spendid presentation and left me in no doubt about their understanding of maths. I like the name ‘Humble’ Malcolm and a tricks section has potential , but it would be hard to do every episode. You’ve already learnt a lot and like us you will look at what you’ve done and will aim to improve.
    Have you seen http://www.cueprompter.com ? If you line up the camera and cue prompter on a laptop, it makes script reading more like a newscaster.

I bet it took a long time to draw this together, but it was well worth it and will be tuning in for episode 2.

Best wishes
    Mr E
    Hawes

• Dear Mr. E,
      Thank you so much for watching our first episode and for leaving us such a nice comment. Malcolm assures us that he has a bunch of tricks up his sleeve for future episodes, hopefully he won’t run out. We haven’t tried cue prompter, but that might be something to take a look at. Thanks so much for the great tip! Hopefully we will get episode 2 out shortly, but yes, it sure does take a lot of work to make a ten minute show! Thankfully, it is a lot of fun!

Your friends,
      Mrs. W and the Tech Club Kids

2. Dear Tech Club
    I’ve had time tonight to sit down and watch your first episode of ‘What’s Up at AJ’ and I’m pleased I did. You’ve done a great job, with lots of interesting segments.
    I’m amazed at how many skills you’ve had to learn during the year to produce your episode. You are all stars! ☆☆☆

I look forward to episode 2. I wonder who you will interview next?
    from
    Mrs McKenzie

3. Dear Mrs Watson and Grade 2\3,

We liked reading about your news show. At our school, we run our assembly live online. Our parents can log on from home or work and watch what is going on at school.

We are a new school and have just started to learn about blogging. You might like to visit our blog at: http://gr5ceps.global2.vic.edu.au/

We would love you to visit us and leave a comment.

Thanks,

From 5W @ Cranbourne East Primary School

• Dear Mr. Duncan and 5W,
      Thank you so much for visiting our blog! Running your assemblies live on line sounds like a marvelous idea. We have a very small school, only 3 classrooms, and so we don’t have assemblies very often at all. How often do you have assemblies?

We hope you will enjoy blogging as much as we do!

Mrs. W and the 2/3s