Edublog Awards

It is time for this year’s Edublog Award nominations. Each November we get the chance to recognize other bloggers that we follow and learn from each day.

Here are our nominations (This wasn’t an easy job!):

Best Class Blog

We would like to nominate our good friends Mrs. McKenzie and B4 for best class blog. They were one of the first global connections we made. We have enjoyed following their blog and collaborating with them. Mrs. McKenzie and her students are first class blogging buddies!

Best Library Blog

Hands down this nomination has to go to the amazing Mrs. Hembree and the Bulldog Readers Blog. This blog is full of inspiring posts, great ideas, and suggestions for super new books to add to our must read lists.

Best Educational Use of Audio/Video/Visual/Podcast

Mr. Avery’s Classroom Blog is the inspiration for the green screen and movie making work we have started in our classroom. If you haven’t visited this blog yet, you have to stop by and check out the unbelievable work the students are doing for their Math Movie Network.

9 thoughts on “Edublog Awards

1. Dear Mrs. Watson,
    To the wonderful students in Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 class – THANK YOU! It is a real honor to be nominated for an Edublog Award. I have never been nominated before. I hope we give you new ideas for books you can read in your class.

Now I have a new suggestion for you. Dragonling by Jackie French Koller. It is an older book and perhaps your library has it. This is my most favorite fantasy book of all time! If you like action, adventure and dragons, you will love this book!

Enjoy your week!
    Mrs. Hembree

• Dear Mrs. Hembree,
      You are very welcome, but it was definitely a well deserved nomination! We do not have Dragonling in our library, but I have ordered a copy from the public library. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Many of the students in the class thought that it sounded like a great book. We definitely like action and adventure. Right now we are reading Silverwing (one of Mrs. W’s favourite books).

Looking forward to the book arriving!
      Mrs. W and the 2/3s

2. Dear Mrs. Watson,

Hunter and I like how well-fitting the nominations are for the awards.
    Each one deserves a golden star!~Literally!
    All the blogs fit into what topic they were nominated for!
    Now, a word from Hunter!

Its pretty cool for you to put up nominations for blogs like that!

See ya,
    Techie Kids, Connor and Hunter.

• Dear Conner and Hunter,
      I couldn’t agree with you more about each of the blogs deserving a golden star! I really wish that we could have nominated more than one blog in each category. Your blog is just as amazing!
      From,
      Mrs. W

• Dear Gemma,
      Thank you for leaving a comment. Did your class make nominations as well? I think one of the best parts of the awards is that you find out about blogs you didn’t even know existed and have a chance to meet new friends.

From,
      Mrs. W

• Dear Claudia,
      Thank you so much for your kind comment! Blogging is such a great way to share your learning and to make new friends. We’re gladd that you enjoyed visiting our blog 🙂

From,
      Mrs. W

3. Dear Mrs. Watson and the 2/3s,

Thank you so much for your nomination! We’re honored to have been chosen by your class. We’re so glad that we’ve been able to follow your blog for the last couple years. We’ve learned so much from you. I’m sure you were nominated by a few people as well! 🙂

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery’s clas