Dance Lessons

Many of the students in our class are a part of the Tech Club that meets after school each week. Today we had a special Skype session with three of the students from Ms. Bee’s class in New Zealand. They taught us part of the dance they will be performing at their end of year assembly. Here is the post from their blog explaining everything:

Room 7 needs help. We need classes from all around to skype us and learn a dance, then send clips of them doing the dance and we will join them all together. We are grooving to a remix of the Black Eyed Peas hit Today’s gonna be a good day. Our version though, is going to be all about our global community and how classes from around the world have helped us with our learning during 2010.

This is for our end of year performance and the video clips will feature on stage behind the Scoopers themselves dancing. If you are keen, we would like to teach the moves to a group of your students by skype over the next fortnight. Once your class is ready to perform, you could video it and send it to us!

We had a great time learning the dance and getting to know more about the Scoopers and their school!

7 thoughts on “Dance Lessons

1. I would like to thank you all so much for meeting with the girls and learning our dance. We are really looking forward to your version/take on some of the moves. I was sad I could not make it to the skype but heard how amazing you all were and the fun that the girls and student teachers had with you! Thanks so much for looking after them. We will also hear back your ideas and information you shared about Sointula tomorrow during our writing session from Brenna, Lucy and Shani. This will help the writers with a final edit of their poems they have been writing for you. Bear with us – it is a busy time of year but the poems will be ready to share soon.

Again – thanks so much for your help with our project 🙂
    Ms B

2. Pingback: Our Collaborative Dance Begins | Super 7 Scoopers@St Clair

3. HI! I love to dance my heart out but in front of people not so much. I do dance in front of people though. I hope you all had fun and I love the Black Eyed Peas!

Sincerly,
    Angela from techie kids

4. Dear Mrs.Wotson’s class

I hope you all
    had fun having
    dance lessons
    I had lots of fun
    oh and this is
    going to the
    tech club people

5. Hello I am from Burravoe School and we are doing the same dance as you to send to the New Zealand.
    I love the song and the dance do you? We have watched you doing your dance and you were really good. We have learnt our dnce moves rom you
    I cant wait until it is finshed.

6. Thank you for sharing your dance lesson. Our Local Authority doesn’t allow us to Skype so as Charlotte said, we have watched your lesson and have learned some of the same dance moves and have now sent our video to Room 7. We had lots of fun doing it and really appreciate your help!

• Dear Mrs. Breyley,
      I didn’t realize that you were not able to Skype. I am so glad that you were able to use the video of the Scoopers teaching our class the dance. We had a lot of fun learning the dance too. The internet sure makes the world feel small! 🙂

Mrs. W