Two Special Visitors

On Thursday two very special visitors arrived in our classroom. Our friends, the Super 7 Scoopers from New Zealand, sent their class mascot Trev for a visit. He made a couple stops before coming to see us. We can’t wait to teach him about life on our island before sending him off on his next big adventure. Trev brought all sorts of cool things with him. He has two great bandanas, some pins, New Zealand tattoos, a book about Dunedin and his own scrapbook to keep track of his adventures.
Gill the goldfish also arrived from our new friends the Gill-Villeans in Ontario, Canada. Gill brought us maple syrup and maple taffy lollipops. On Wednesday we are going to have a class pancake breakfast so that we can sample the maple syrup. Oceana has taken Gill home this weekend and we can’t wait to find out all about their visit on Monday.
We hope that Trev and Gill will have fun with us and will keep each other company in the classroom each night when we go home.

What do you think Trev and Gill might do when we go home for the evening? Maybe we will write, The Adventures of Trev and Gill 🙂

6 thoughts on “Two Special Visitors

1. I am so looking forward to hearing the adventures of Trev and Gill. We were thinking we had lost Trev there for a while but it looks like he has been having an amazing trip! Can’t wait to hear what our pals from Sointula have to share about his travels!

2. Wow, this looks like so much fun.
    Trev looks so cool in his bandana! All the gifts you got look great too – what a fantastic way to learn about another class and country.
    I look forward to hearing more about the adventures of Trev and Gill while they stay with you.
    From Miss. Leakey

3. Hello! I am so happy to know that Gill is having a great time in British Columbia. He must love having another stuffie to play with. I am glad that you are going to be making pancakes and hope you love the sweet Ontario maple syrup on your pancakes. What do you think is the biggest difference between British Columbia and Ontario that Gill will notice while he is with you? We can’t wait to hear more about Gill’s adventures on your island. Thanks for taking good care of him, we know that he’s in good hands!

4. Dear Mrs.Gill,

Gill is having a lot of fun. He has 5 new friends. He was at my house. He misses his friends because he is not at my house now. I was the first girl to have Gill and the first student to have Gill. I made him a big cardboard box for a house. He has a t.v in his house. I gave him singing lessons. He knows how to sing twinkle twinkle little star. He went on the trampoline with me. He also played with me on the computer. I shared a smoothie with him. He liked it. he also had scrambled eggs. Here is a list of things that he ate:
    Chicken.
    Cereal
    Smoothie
    Scrambled eggs
    Apples
    Oranges
    Bananas
    Ice cream
    That’s all.

Oceana, from Mrs.Watsons 2/3 class

5. Dear Mrs. Leakey,

Treve? I thought we were going to talk about Gill. Oh well. We can talk about both. Well, Gill went over to my house. As for Treve, well, he did not come to my house! I am nervous, because I think he is mad at me for bringing Gill home instead of him.

Oceana, from Mrs.Watsons 2/3 class

6. Dear Mrs.B,

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog!
    Treve is having a lot of fun, so is Gill.
    Gill came to my house, but Treve did not.
    Treve will be home soon.

Oceana, from Mrs.Watsons 2/3 class