Cool Facts About Britsh Columbia

Today we went on a fact finding mission to learn about our province, British Columbia.

We worked with a partner to find out the capital city, population, what our flag looks like, and what our provincial flower and tree are. We also learned about our provincial tartan and what each of the colours stands for.

Fact Finders on PhotoPeach

Each group picked their favourite cool fact about B.C. to share with the class. Here they are:

Jordan and Oceana- The first people to live in BC were the Tlingit, Sekani, Haida, Nootka, Chilcotin and Shuswap.

Lily and Sophie-The largest city in BC is Vancouver. It has over 2 million people.

Sahara and Ana- There seven national parks in BC.

Justin and Quang- BC is the most western province in Canada.

Jenny and Kennedy- BC is the third largest province in Canada.

Fay, Dante, and Silkence- BC is the home to 4.2 million people.

4 thoughts on “Cool Facts About Britsh Columbia

1. Dear Mrs Watson and the 2/3 class,

I really like the video you made it’s wonderful!! 😀 😈 I really like some of the facts that your kid’s said especially Jordan and Oceana’s fact about British Columbia I have a question for your class have you ever visited British Columbia?? 👿

I havn’t visited British Columbia before!! 😥 I really really REALLY like your blog!! 🙂 Today Miss Jordan announced the three winners who get their own blog they were me (Jazmin), Kealee and (Olivia) Liv!! I was so exited when Miss Jordan said my name!! 😀

From Jazmin in (2KJ)

• Dear Jazmin,

Our country, Canada, is made up of 10 provinces and 3 territories. British Columbia is the province that our little island is in. Not many students in our class have traveled out of our province.

Congratulations on getting your own blog!!! You must be so happy. I will show the students in my class how to find your blog.

Looking forward to reading your posts,

Mrs. W

2. Dear Mrs.Watson,

Those facts are very cool. I live in states. (U.S.A.)Wow, 2,000,000 people that is more people then the biggest city in the U.S.A. (New York) Have you ever visited the U.S.A.?

Sincerely,
    Jack
    Techie Kids

3. Dear Mrs. Watson,

I think its really cool that 2million people live in Vancouver. That is way more people where I live. Ive been to Canada once. B.c sounds fun since its the home of 4.2 million people live there. Thanks for sharing facts with us.

From,
    Brett