Welcome Quad Blogging Buddies

We have had so much fun getting to know our quad blogging buddies over the last few weeks. We love leaving comments for our buddies and getting replies back. We even got to Skype with Mrs. Ranney’s class and with Mr. Avery’s class.

quadblogs(2)

Here is the schedule for our Quad Blogging:

* March 7th – March 13th – Mrs. Ranney’s Class Blog (California, USA)
* March 14th – March 20th – Mr. Avery’s Classroom Blog (Massachusetts, USA)
* March 28th – April 3rd – 3DD Class Blog (Leopold, Australia)
* April 4th – April 10th – Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 Class (British Columbia, Canada)

We hope that you will have fun looking around our blog. We made a quick video tour of our school that you might like to watch. We can’t wait to hear from you 🙂

Here are a few posts that you might want to visit:

Our First Science Fair
Provincial Symbols Wanted!
A New Game-Scooter Hockey

We thought you might also like to take a peek at why Friday is one of our favourite days of the week.

Where the Wild Things Are
A Fantastically Messy Morning
When I’m 100

40 thoughts on “Welcome Quad Blogging Buddies

1. Dear Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 Class,

Thank you for that wonderful tour of your school! You all did a great job filming and narrating the tour. I know my students will enjoy watching it, and even though we aren’t one of your quad blogging buddies, they will probably want to leave some comments.

The parts that I found most interesting were that you have P.E. everyday. That is how it should be – exercise and play are just as important as math, reading, and writing. I know my students will be jealous. They have P.E. once a week, sometimes only once every two weeks! It was also very interesting to see your forest that you can play in. I would love to teach at a school so close to nature (even if it meant a little goose poo in the field).

From,
    Mr. Salsich

• Dear Mr. Salsich,
      Thank you for the wonderful comment. We’re glad that you liked the tour of our school. We had the funnest time making it.

We feel bad that the kids at your school don’t get gym very often. Justin says that we need exercise every day or we will be bouncing off the walls like a balloon! We have some questions for you about gym:
      1. Why do you only get gym every week or two?
      2. What do you like to do in the gym? What games do you play?
      3. Do you ever go outside for gym?

It is really nice to have a forest and we all like to go out and play in it. It is fun to play in and is also great shelter from the rain on those days when we have to go out, but need to stay dry (It rains quite a lot here. Kennedy says this makes sense because we do live in a temperate rain forest.). What is the area around your school like? Do you have a field and if you do, how big is it? Do you have geese there?

The geese poo isn’t our only pesky problem on the field. We also quite often have cows wondering onto the field and leaving their own special surprises! We should probably mention that there are several turkeys who also like to wander around on our field. We think our school is starting to sound like a zoo! 🙂

Your friends,
      Mrs. W and the 2/3’s

2. Dear Ms. Watson and class,

I really liked your video about your school. It is really cool that you get to go in the woods at your school, we can not. Also we do not have geese on our field. What are some games you like to play at recess, we like to play Soccer,Football,Baseball, and Zombie tag. What do you like to have for lunch, we have a lot of things but most people like to have our schools pizza. We do not have P.E. everyday we have it on Wednesday only. What do you do on your smartboard?

Sincerely,
    Ben W. Mr. Avery’s class

3. Dear Mrs Wastsons 2/3 class,

Hello my name is Kaylee I am in Mr.Averys class ;). I &heart; the video you made on your blog! One of my friends wants to live in BC because it is beautiful there. My school is doing a thing called skip the screen week :(. Is your school doing that? Your students are lucky they get to go in the woods at recess in school.

I hope you have no student that get lost in the woods. I hope we can skype aigan. You have wonderful students.

From,
    Kaylee 🙂

4. Dear Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 class,

I like your school! Your library is a little bit smaller than ours.
    I loved your video.

Sincerely,
    Alexus

5. Dear Alexus,

Thank you for leaving us a comment. How big is your library? It must be really big.

Your friend,

Sahara ( from Mrs. Watsons 2\3 class )

6. Dear Ben W,

Thank you for leaving us a comment. Do you like to eat pizza at lunch? I really like to eat pizza. But I don`t often get it.
    It is really good. Too bad you can`t have P.E every day. Here is a list of games we like to play at recess:
    1. tether ball
    2. grounders. Those are all the games I know.

Oceana, from Mrs.Watsons 2/3 class.:)

7. Dear Kaylee.
    We are not doing skip the screen week:(
    Is it fun or not?
    In our forest we do not get lost unless we are out of bounds.
    Then we might get lost.

Your friend,
    Ana in Mrs. Watson’s 2/3 Class

8. Dear Mrs W and Grade 2/3
    We watched your video and we love your school because a forest surrounds your school and there are chipmunks there!
    We like your gym. We have PE (gym) nearly every day too. A few weeks ago we got some new equipment for throwing, catching, rolling and kicking.

We like your playground because it has lots of slides and you have swings. We don’t have swings in our playground and we have only one slide.

Are there lots of chipmunks in your forest? Do you see them when you are playing?

your friends
    B4

• Dear Mrs. Mckenzie and B4,

Only sometimes we see them when we are playing, but we have to be really quiet. There are not a lot of chipmunks in the forest. I think that it is cool that you have gym everyday like us. We also got new equipment a few weeks ago. I think it is really sad that you do not have a swing set or a jungle gym to play on :(.
      What do you like to do outside? Here is a list of what I like to do outside:

1. swing

2. forest

3. jungle gym

4. sand

5. slide

Your friend,

Sahara (from Mrs. Watson’s class)

• Dear Sahara
        Thank you for your reply.
        We don’t have swings on our two playgrounds, but we do have lots of monkey bars and jungle gyms and a fort and a tower with a climbing wall and ropes.
        There are poles to slide down too.
        Here is our list of what we like to do outside:
        1. play with the balls

2. playground

3. sandpit

4. skipping ropes

5. play in the gym on wet lunchtimes

6. hopscotch

7. jumping off stuff

8. play with friends

9. tag

10. hide and go seek

happy playing
        from B4

9. Hi everyone in Mrs Watson’s class,

I have had a look at your video at home and really enjoyed it. Your school looks really lovely. I love all the trees around your school.
    I just wanted you to know that we haven’t been able to visit your blog at school this week for a couple of reasons. We’re hoping that everything will be working well tomorrow and that you will receive lots of comments from us. We spent this morning competing in the Cross Country Run and were hoping to blog after that. We couldn’t get your video to work, but everything has been fixed now.
    Talk again soon,
    Mrs de Vries and 3DD

• Dear Mrs DeVries and 3DD,
      Thank you for looking at the video. I hope my class and I am prepared tomorrow for all the comments that you guys are going to type up. You guys are doing the cross country run today! We don’t do that for a long long while. We do it in the fall.
      got’o go,
      Niall

• Dear Ashley,
      Thanks for leaving us an awesome comment.
      I think our school is cool too and I love the school too!!!!

From Jenny in Mrs.W 2/3 class:):I.

• Dear Kaylee
      I wish we could skype again too:( What is Skip the Screen Week?
      I do have a dog too. What is your dogs name? My dog’s name is Derga;)
      We have 17 children in the class and 9 girls and 8 boys.

from Ana

• Dear Ana,

Skip the screen week is when you do not watch TV and do something else. My dog is named Romeo and on Wednesday he got hit by a car :(. But he is OK :). In are class we have 15 students 8 girls and 7 boys some are very very annoying boys.

Your Friend,
        Kaylee

10. Dear Mrs. Watson’s class,

I hope quad blogging goes well! You are so lucky you can go in the woods.

From,
    Ben S.

11. Dear Oceana,

Thank for writing back to me. I do love to eat pizza at lunch, it is my favorite. My favorite type is pepperoni pizza. What is your’s? I also think it is bad that we don’t have P.E. every day i would love to.

Sincerely,
    Ben W. from Mr. Avery’s class 🙂

12. Dear Mrs. Watson,
    I think I would like your school. Your school is a lot smaller than mine. I think I would still like your school just as much as I love mine. I can’t believe you get to go into the woods! I wish I could go into the woods like you can. Some birds come into our school but not a lot. I wish we could talk again.

Your quad blogging buddy from Mr. Avery class,
    Rebecca A.

• Dear Rebecca,
      Thank you for the comment. You are right our school is pretty small. It is really cool to get to go in the woods, but not as fun as the playground. In our forest some birds come in and the good thing is they dont disturb any of us. Are birds loud at your school?

Your friend
      Justin From Mrs. Watson’s class

13. Dear Mrs. Watson and class,
    Great presentation. Your school is great. I love your playground. You have a pretty decent sized school. Our school is a pretty decent sized school. We have a gym too. We only have gym once a week on Friday. Happy commenting.
    From,
    Jenna in Mr. Avery’s class

• Dear Jenna,

I`m so sad that you get gym once a week. What do you play in the gym? We have P.E almost every day. In P.E we play:Duck duck goose,Graveyard,Pack man and telephone.

from
      Lily in Mrs. Watson`s 2/3 class:):)

14. Dear Mrs Watsons 2/3 class,

our library has three huge book shelves and has 16 small shelves.
    And are computer lab is in the same library class.

sincerely,
    Alexus

15. Dear Ana,

Your school is amazing. The weather is amazing their do you ever get to pretend to get lost in the woods our go out of bound? How many student are in your class? Do you have a dog I do?

Your Friend,

Kaylee

16. Dear Alexus,
    Our library might be smaller but we have very cool books like:
    1. Percy Jackson
    2. Harry Potter
    3. An Octopus Is Amazing
    4. Geronimo Stilton
    I suggest trying some! P.S. we have a lot of computers like 23 or something like that
    from
    Karin

• Dear Karin,

What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Harry Potter. If I had to rate it I would give it 5 stars! It’s very descriptive. Have you seen any of the movies? If so what are your favorite.

We also have Percy Jackson.

What is An Octopus Is Amazing? It sounds interesting.

We have six in our room. And about 30 in computer lab . But we have a lot if you combine them with all of the classrooms!

We also have a biography museum coming up soon. We have to learn about people that made a difference in the world or if they did somthing to change other peoples lives.

I have to go recess is starting! Hope you have a nice rest of the day!

Your new friend ,

Ariel D( in Mr. Avery’s class)

17. Dear Kaylee,

I love your name 😉

Do you like our school? I am thkinking that your school is cool. My name is Jordan. I know a gril named Kaylee.
    I have a dog, his name is Toyo. What is your dog’s name? I have a dog, fish, lizard and kittens.

From Jordan in Mrs watson’2/3 clss

• Dear Jordan,

Thanks :). I love your school it is so beautiful in BC. My school is cool too.

I love your name too. My teacher is super nice is yours nice?

My dogs name is Romeo he got hit by a car on Wednesday. But he is ok and alive. How many cats and fish do you have?
      Has any of your cats tryed to attack the fish?

Did you skype with a girl named Kaylee ? Cause that would be me.

Your Friend,

Kaylee

18. Dear Mrs. Watson and class,

We really liked your post especially your video. We learnt a lot about your school.

Skye says:

Your library is cool and big! We have a big library too! When we borrow books the librarian scans the books we borrow so we can keep them untill next library session and so they know who’s got them. I usually get a book for my brother and I.

Millie says:

Your playground is really cool. At our school we have 5 playgrounds. My favourite is the Adventure Playground. On the playground there are lots of monkey bars, a slide, a wobbly bridge, wobbly stepping stones and a sliding pole. My favourite thing to go on is the wobbly stepping stones and the monkey bars.

From Skye and Millie

• Dear Skye and Millie,

You are luky because you have 5 playgrounds. Do you love you library?

So Skye What is your favourite thing about your playground?

Millie I love
      wobbly stepping stones. I like that they are wobbly!

I hope that we can talk again 😉

From Jordan in Mrs Watson’s 2/3 class

19. Dear Mrs Watson and class,

I love the post you put on. I love the video it is so cute!
    You have a big school and it is a very big classroom. Our classroom is no

• Dear Ashleigh,
      Thank you for the wonderful comment. I think it was cute too! To us our school is small and our classroom! What do you mean by our classroom is no?

Your new friend,
      Kennedy (in Mrs. W’s 2/3 class)

20. Dear Mrs Watson and class,

You have a big school and it is a very big classroom. Our classroom is not as big as yours. You have a great playground. I like the monkey bars!

We have at least 50 computers in the computer room, staff in the computer room is Mr Stribly. Our library is very big and it is full of books, staff is Mrs Kilfoyle. Our LINC stands for Leopold Indoor Neighboorhood Centre and we have lots of sports of equipment, staff Mr Drew and Mr Hair.
    Office we have great office staff, Tracy, Kattrina and Fiona.

Quad Blogger,
    Ashleigh

• Dear Ashleigh,
      50 computers in your computer lab,wow! We only have 20 computers. We also have 3 computers that dont work. Our classroom is big compared to your class. I dont go on the monkey bars. I always try but I fall.

From Dante and Quang,
      From Mrs. Waton 2/3 class

21. Dear Ben S,
    Thank you for leaving us a comment! Do you have a forest? We go in the forest every day, but not windy days. I love the forest so much. Please leave another comment.

Oceana, from Mrs.Watsons 2/3 class:)

22. Dear Ben W,
    Thank you for writing back to me. My favourite kind of pizza is pepperoni just like you! I love pizza so much! Pizza is the best food ever! I think that you should have gym ever day!

Oceana, from Mrs.Watsons 2/3 class

23. Dear Oceana,

I think we should have gym everyday too it would be so much fun. 🙂 I also think pizza is the best food ever. Do you have a pizza parlor on your island? if so what types of pizza do they sell are they good? Bye the way have you ever been to the United States of America?

Hope to talk to you soon.
    Your blogging buddy Ben W from Mr. Avery’s class

24. Dear Mrs. Watson’s class,
    Skyping with you was so much fun! I learned so much amazing things about your school. Sometimes I get mixed up. So you are the class that lives in California right? You are the state that has a state color. It is Golden Blue. I have to go and learn.

Sincerely,
    :mrgreen: Natalie :mrgreen: